The original Chung Chi Gate and the Ad Excellentiam Pavilion nearby were erected at the College entrance on Tai Po Road in 1959. The College name, emblem and couplet were engraved at the front of Chung Chi Gate, and the motto “止於至善” at its back.
The original Gate was dismantled and replaced by a new enlarged replica in 2001. To preserve the historic heritage, the original couplet-part was re-erected by the side of Lake Ad Excellentiam opposite to the University MTR Station. The remaining component with the College name was relocated next to the student hostel Wen Chih Tang.